FATHER RICHARD’S RETIREMENT CELEBRATION
Father Richard’s Retirement Celebration Information: IMPORTANT UPDATE!
After much discussion, prayers and consideration concerning the planned events for January 16-17th, 2021 concerning the retirement celebration for Father Richard as pastor of St. Elias Church, the following decisions have been made due to continuing concerns with the COVID Pandemic:
1) Postponing the planned banquet to Honor Father Richard until tentatively the Saturday before the 2021 St. Elias Picnic, July 24th, 2021. We would roll any tickets already purchased to this event and will gladly refund anyone who wants a refund at this time. Just contact the church office.
2) After the 5 pm Liturgy on January 16th celebrated by Father Richard and the Bishop, a 30-45 minute presentation in the church will occur. It will be live-streamed to the parish and consists of talks from Father Richard, Bishop Elias, Abouna Peter and presentations of some awards and gifts to Father Richard from the parish. We will have overflow in the Hall. Seating in the church will be limited on a first-come-first-served basis.
3) After the 10:30 am Liturgy, which will also be celebrated by Father Richard and the Bishop on January 17th, 2021, a public reception until 2:30 pm in the church hall will occur. The attendance will be limited inside the hall at any one given time by holding people at the entrance doors if the crowd inside is too large and requiring all participants to be masked and socially distanced. A small box of sweets and a commemorative prayer card will be given out as a parting thank you to all attendees.
We know that some parishioners will be disappointed that we are having to modify our plans for this special weekend but hope that everyone understands the circumstances warrant that we make adjustments while still having a true transition as Father Richard retires as Pastor of St. Elias Church after 48 years as pastor and 49 years as a priest.
Dates: January 16-17, 2021
Tickets for Retirement Banquet* – Banquet now postponed to July, but read above for ceremony and activities still taking place on January 16-17!
*Note: If you are family or clergy, your ticket is free, but please RSVP below.
Tickets for Father Richard’s Retirement Banquet may now be purchased by check routing information, debit or credit card either by clicking the link below which will take you to the online giving page or by calling the church office and talking to Rosa-Marie, the parish Administrator. When you click on the link enter the total dollar amount for the number of tickets you wish to purchase in the box for Retirement Dinner Tickets. Choose one time frequency from the drop down box and click continue at the bottom and follow the instructions to complete your purchase. Tickets are $25 each. Seating will be assigned later on a first come first served basis with Covid-19 restrictions taken into consideration. We anticipate seating approximately 150 people in the main hall.
Overflow seating will be available in the classrooms and the program will be livestreamed in those rooms. We will announce when in-hall seating is full.
If you need assistance with either you may contact Rosa-Marie Sacco at 205-251-5057 ext. 3, or Beverly Kimes at 205-837-2558.
St. Elias has a $109 rate at the Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham Downtown. Rooms must be reserved by December 16, 2020. Cancellations can be made up to 48 hours in advance with no penalty.
Group Name: Saint Elias Maronite
Group Code: ELI
There are several ways to book:
* Hilton Garden Inn One-Click—https://secure3.
* Call 1-800-Reservations—(1-800-426-
* Call the hotel directly—(205) 322-7937 and ask for reservations. Identify your group name or group code and an agent will book your guest room
Monday thru Friday: 8:00 am
Saturday: 5:00 pm
Sunday: 8:00 am and 10:30 am
Holy Days: 6:00 pm (eve) and 8:00 am
Confessions: Saturday: 4:00 pm
or anytime upon request